It’s the moment of celebrations and reverence mates! Australia Day is round the corner and NSW has a lot of exciting events to celebrate the national day. From kids to adults, every age-group can be a part of all these joyous events. Check out some of the must-do experiences of the state, right here.
Leeton Shire Australia Day Pool Party
Kick back, relax and chill at an amazing pool party in Leeton Regional Aquatic Centre. It’s all excitement and fun from 3pm to 8pm. There will be free entry to the pool, a DJ pumping tunes, Lions Train running tours around town, including plenty of pool games and races. Free BBQ facilities.
Australia Day Live at the Opera House
The iconic attraction Opera House has a number of exciting events lined up for you from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
- A live music concert
- Stunning projections on the Opera House sails
- A Lit Vessel Parade
- Marvellous acrobatics of jet-skiers and fly-boarders
- Grand fireworks display
It’s a blend of wonder and excitement that takes place both on land and water. The concert is rooted in powerful performances that celebrate the culture and heritage of the First Nations. What’s more? There are many vantage points for the spectacular views of this harbour event.
Go on board one of the Australia Day cruises. They give you magnificent views of the event and a beautiful waterfront dining experience. Better still! The natural ambience aboard Australia Day cruises on Sydney Harbour is an experience to remember.
Symphony by the Sea at Reddall Reserve
Treat your senses to soothing sounds, sunset skies and spectacular views of Lake Illawarra. The free twilight concert at Reddall Reserve starts from 6pm to 8pm featuring the Sydney Youth Orchestra.
- Australia’s indigenous culture will be showcased through aboriginal dance performances and music
- BYO food or purchase dinner from the food trucks that serve mouth watering pizzas, Amigos Mexican and much more
- Alcohol-free event that is suitable for all ages
Symphony by the Beach Concert at Cronulla
Be mesmerised as you watch the beautiful sunset over Cronulla Beach, listening to musical, operatic and classical pieces showcasing talented performers. The dazzling performances begin at 3pm and go on till 8pm.
- It begins with a movie screening and ends with a fabulous performance by Sutherland Shire Symphony Orchestra
- Look forward to the interesting performances displayed by Members of Miranda and Engadine Musical Societies as well
Australia Day on the Hawkesbury
This is a family-friendly community event from 5pm to 9pm at Governor Phillip Park, Windsor. It will feature a whole lot of fun activities for both kids and adults.
- Outdoor stage live entertainment that includes local artists, headlined by RnB soul artist Prinnie Stevens from ‘The Voice’
- Free face painting
- Amusement rides
- Emergency Services Display
- RAAF Flyover
- Food and drink stalls plus food trucks
- Fireworks display
Head to Biddy Giles Park for Cinema Under the Stars
Enjoy a family-friendly outdoor cinema experience that includes garden games, activations, free popcorn and local acoustic performances. It’s a jam-packed schedule that is staged over three days.
- Special outdoor cinema screenings
- Cultural displays by local Aboriginal elders
- Australian acts by talented local performers
Wow! so much to look forward to on the national day this year. There is something for everyone. Go out there, celebrate patriotism with a blend of pride, fun and excitement. It’s time to reflect, respect and celebrate!
If my blog has proved to be useful to you, please don’t forget to comment below.